CCS2018 is the flagship conference on Complex Systems promoted by the CSS. It brings under one umbrella a wide variety of leading researchers, practitioners and stakeholders with a direct interest in Complex Systems, from Physics to Computer Science, Biology, Social Sciences, Economics, and Technological and Communication Networks, among others.
We are looking forward to seeing the best of your new insights in Complex Systems at the Conference on Complex Systems 2018, in Thessaloniki, Greece, to be held from 23 to 28 September 2018.
Topics covered by the Conference include, but are not limited to:
1. Foundations of Complex Systems (complex networks, self-organization, nonlinear dynamics, statistical physics, mathematical modeling and simulation)
2. Information and Communication Technologies (Internet, WWW, search, semantic web, Blockchain, Bitcoins)
3. Cognition and Linguistics (evolution of language, social consensus, artificial intelligence, cognitive processes)
4. Economics and Finance (social networks, game theory, stock market and crises)
5. Infrastructure, Planning and Environment (critical infrastructures, urban planning, mobility, transport and energy, Smart Cities)
6. Biological and (Bio)Medical Complexity (biological networks, systems biology, evolution, natural science, medicine and physiology)
7. Socio-Ecological Systems (SES) (global environmental change, green growth, sustainability and resilience)
8. Complexity in Physics and Chemistry
9. Other applications of Complex Systems
We invite you to submit a one-page abstract until the
30th of April 4th of May 2018, via our EasyChair submission link: EasyChair
Post-deadline abstracts for Poster presentations are accepted until August 1, 2018
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Easychair will be used for all procedures
- Log in to easychair.org using an existing account.
- If you do not have an account, you can easily sign up.
- Click on the submission link (see below).
- Log in to the conference as an author, and proceed with uploading your paper at the top left corner by clicking “New Submission”
- Follow the instructions easy chair provides you and fill in all the necessary details.
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ccs20180
You can download the abstract template from here: Abstract Template
We accept contributed talks (regular and lightning talks) and posters. Please indicate your preference for one of the following categories to present your research:
- Regular talk
- Poster submission
- Lightning talk
The allocated time for each oral presentations is 15 minutes, which total time for presentation +questions (12 min + 3 min). There is a tight schedule and it is important that each presenter stay within this time limit. Presenters will have access to a laptop with LCD projector and a laser pointer. Please, bring your presentation to the meeting on a USB flash drive to load on the in-room laptops. You should load your presentation on one of the conference laptops before the first session, during the coffee breaks, or during lunch preceding your presentation. A support staff member will be in each room to assist with the loading.
For each poster, display boards will be allocated. The poster area will open 30 minutes before each poster session begins each day. It is advisable to hang the posters sometime before 9:00 a.m. the day of the respective session. Posters will need to be taken down by the end of the day of each session. Presenters will be required to be next to their posters during specific time slots. Poster dimensions: 90 x 120 cm.
Lightning (Ignite) presentations
A few oral talks will be presented in the “ignite” mode. Such talks should present a single, new, key idea of the problem at hand, rather than give complete and detailed results of a research project. Thus, the allocated time will be 3 minutes. No questions/answers will be allowed. Each ignite talk should have no more than 3 slides. All presentations should be loaded to the room laptop before the beginning of the session. Please see the support staff member of the room to assist you with the loading.
Deadline for abstract submission:
30 Apr 2018 Extended: 4 May 2018
Notification to authors: 20 June 2018.
Post deadline abstracts for Posters are now accepted, until August 1, 2018
Dates of the Conference: 23-28 September 2018.
Dates of satellite meetings: 26-27 September 2018.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org